Friday, November 29, 2013

The Letter O

Honey Pot is 3 years and 6 months old

Leap Frog Fridge Phonics

We started our unit by listening to Scout's song about the letter O. This is one of the first letters that Honey Pot was able to identify, so I knew she would have no trouble recognizing it now.


O is for Octopus - Cheerios Worksheet

This was a fun worksheet that involves letter recognition, fine motor practice and snack time all in one! The worksheet comes from Making Learning Fun.




Snack time!


Letter O Worksheets

This worksheet comes from Education.com. Honey Pot loves tracing dotted lines, and this is very helpful practice.


Also from Education.com is this letter O maze. She had fun with this!



O is for Owl - Craft

I've seen tons of these owls flying around Pinterest, and knew we would enjoy this craft. I let Little M&M participate in this one, as he's been very eager to do crafts lately. First I let each child choose what color paint to use, and I let them paint their toilet paper tubes. (I helped Little M&M finish his, but let Honey Pot complete hers as she saw fit.)




Once the paint had dried, I let the kids choose what color wings they'd each like. Honey Pot did all of her own gluing, and I finished Little M&M's owl myself.



Super cute!


Letter O - Poking

Giant pushpins seem to be a common homeschool item, so I had to see what all the fuss is about. We were inspired from Confessions of a Homeschooler. I printed out a page with an uppercase and lowercase O, then let Honey Pot poke holes along each letter to get a feel for their shapes.



She flipped it over afterward to feel all the holes she poked through. Well done!


Dot-to-Dot Letter O

This worksheet also comes from Education.com. It was a fine number review, and had Honey Pot writing the letter O as she finished each one.




Dot Art

We also used our dot markers to complete this page from Confessions of a Homeschooler.





* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *