Sunday, November 17, 2019

F is for Farm!

Sweet E and I had a lot of fun this week learning about the letter F and farm animals. Take a look back at similar themes I've done with with Honey Pot and Little M&M, or keep scrolling to see what we did this week!


Books
We borrowed a few farm books from the library, combined with one of our favorites from our home collection, Open the Barn Door. And we love the I Spy series--so perfect for toddlers, and the peekaboo style is a lot of fun.


Letter F - Do a Dot
I printed an F from Twisty Noodle and Sweet E got to work with her dot markers.



At first she dragged it along like a regular marker, but she soon realized it worked better as a stamp!



And she finished the whole thing that way.



Cow Craft
I supplied Sweet E with a few pieces of felt and glue, and let her adhere them however she pleased.



She just loves glue!



And I figured the felt would add a nice new texture to her project that she wasn't used to.



So cute!



Build a Fence - Counting
I printed this page from Fairy Poppins. Sweet E is at a wonderful age for this type of activity. She loves counting, and is learning so much each time we practice.



I added a little bit of magnetic tape to the back of each craft stick, to help prevent them from sliding around. When she picked up a number, she'd either say it herself or I'd talk about it conversationally. "Oh, you picked up the seven. Where does the seven go?" She is starting to recognize several of these though!





When she finished building the fence, she counted them all up, pointing as she did.



Then she brought her farm animals over to it!



Corn Sensory Bin + Letter Hunt
I had a near-full container of popcorn kernels about to expire. So I poured them into a bucket and hid magnetic letters inside it. Just the letters we have done so far. She had to find them, and match them to the letters on the paper. 



She knows the first letter of her name, and everyone in the family! She's always sure to say it! And I don't know how, but she already recognizes the letter F. I remember Little M&M knew it right away too. There's something about this letter!



She enjoyed scooping, and digging her hands into the bucket.





When she had finished finding and matching all of the letters, I brought over another bucket so she could keep playing.







And eventually, she put the letters back inside the bucket so she could match them all over again!





And then she kept scooping and playing with the corn kernels! I love when an activity holds her attention for so long.



Herd the Sheep - Gross Motor
I had some leftover white balloons from a birthday party, and drew some sheep faces onto them. Before I even showed her the activity, Sweet E noticed them and said "Sheep Balloon" so I'm glad to know they actually looked like sheep!



I created a little pen around the couch, and Sweet E needed to herd the sheep back into it.



I let her use my retractable bug swatter, which made it even more fun!





Oftentimes she'd use her hands and say, "I got you, sheep!"



She loved this game, and we did it a few times in a row.





Actually Honey Pot and Little M&M came home from school later, and wanted to play with them too. I mean, look how cute!



Muddy Pig Craft
I saw this project at Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds. I love the idea of a mess-free painting craft, plus it has a little sensory element to it with the addition of shaving cream.



Sweet E enjoyed squishing the shaving cream around in the baggie!



And spreading it around.





When she was done, I took it out to dry and then cut it out. What a muddy piggie!








* * * * * * * * * *