Friday, February 17, 2012

Number: 4

Theme Of The Day: The Number 4
Age: 21 months


Lauri Puzzle
I introduced the next in her set of Lauri puzzles. She loved the fish! "Glub, glub, glub!"
















Which Is Four?
I made these in Photoshop Elements. After showing Honey Pot what the number 4 looks like, I asked her to point them out in each group of numbers. She didn't do as well as she usually does with this activity. But I'm not surprised. She can count to 15 sometimes, but always skips this number! I'll be doing a review after we cover 5, so we'll get it eventually!





















Pom Pom Book
I found these fun printables at Child Care Land. Pom poms are always fun to play with, even if not in the way I meant for them to be. Honey Pot put the pom poms onto the circles once or twice, then had her Mickey and Minnie Mouse toys trample through the box. Oh well! I'll pull this activity out again after we've covered a few more numbers.































Sesame Street Video
I found a fun Elmo video on You Tube to help teach Honey Pot the number 4. I always try to plan my activities during the weekend...and this song has been stuck in my head since then! But she loved it. We watched it a couple of times, and then we acted it out with the duck puppets I made (see below). Note: I do not own the rights to this video!